Monday 14 October 2013

Moana News

Two new concept art pictures of Disney's upcoming Moana have been released, along with the offical plot!

They really do look breathtaking, in very different styles. The first is in a more quirky, cartoony style, and the second is a lot more realistic and beautiful. Also, Brendon Connely of Bleeding Cool filled us in on the plot details: 
''[Moana's] an epic, or even mythic, adventure set around 2000 years ago and across a series of islands in the South Pacific. 
The lead character, Moana Waialiki is the only daughter of a Chief in a long line of navigators. She’s really a bit of nerd, but a nerd about sea voyaging, and when her family need her help, she sets off on an epic journey. Some of the other characters are demi-gods and spirits drawn from real mythology.''
Hmm... Very interesting. It definitely seems new, and I like that Disney are going all over the place with their upcoming schedule. The whole mythology thing sounds a bit like Hercules, but I hope and think they'll take it in a completely different direction. 

I wonder if any of the girls in the bottom picture are Moana, probably the one in blue, and if she'll be a Disney Princess. I hope she'll be a strong heroine. I have no idea who the blue haired character in the top picture is, maybe a mythological character.

I'm very excited about  Disney's upcoming slate, and I hope and think that this will be another fantastic instalment to, what I think, is the second Disney renaissance.

That's The Animated Kid, over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment